|Heat Recovery Boiler / Unit (HRU)|
In most cases, Boiler flue gases leave at considerable extreme temperature taking away valuable heat. This heat is recovered by putting in an easy Heat Recovery Unit (Water Pre-heater). This heat is utilized to heat the Boiler Feed Water.
By installing an easy Heat Recovery Unit, fuel consumption is generally reduced by 4 - 6 %. Each five-degree increase in feed-water temperature can offer a potency improvement of 125th.
Heat Recovery Unit (HRU) may be an easy shell & tube type Heat ex-changer sized for:
The volume and temperature of flue gases
- The pressure drop across it
- Fuel utilized in the boiler
- The quantity of warmth to be recovered
- Properly designed Heat Recovery Unit (HRU) has the power to cut back the fuel needs of a boiler by transferring heat from the exit flue gases to the feed water. but flue gas cooling below Sulphur dew-point isn't best for top sulfur fuels to avoid corrosion & erosion of apparatus.
Advantages and benefits
- Heat Recovery Unit (HRU) recovers waste heat from flue gases, thereby rising potency of the boiler system.
- Helps the boiler to supply a lot of steam in the same value.
- Heat Feed water puts less strain on metal as temperature differential is a smaller amount, therefore, serving to in extending lifetime of the Steam Boiler.