When writing to the boiler manufacturers, the following information should be furnished to them:
- Lowest ambient temperature likely to be reached during a year at the proposed place of operation.
- Elevation of the place above MSL
- Maximum working pressure
- Maximum steam demands at the working pressure of the boiler.
- Fuel to be used and its analysis report.
- Whether the load on the boiler is likely to be steady or fluctuating and if fluctuating, then between what limits?
- Analysis of the raw water to be used in the boiler after treatment.
- In the case of solid fuel fired boilers, whether mechanical firing is preferred.
- In the event of any proposed standardization of both the HPs & the make of electric motors that fact should be intimated.
Information the Manufacturer should be requested to furnish
- Gross Efficiency of boiler
- Accessories included
- Quality of steam dryness fraction
- Flue gas temperature
- Grate area(for solid fuel fired boilers)
- Expected evaporation(kg of steam at working pressure/kg of fuel)
- Heating surface area
- Delivery Period